24-hour Raleigh Plumbers
Clogged drains are one of the most common plumbing problems. Anything from hair to grease build-up could cause the need for a drain cleaning. If you notice your drains are starting to run slow, the best thing to do is try and clear them yourself before they become completely clogged. This can be done by using a plunger or a drain snake. If you can’t get the clog to budge, then it’s time to call a Raleigh NC plumber. We have the tools and experience to quickly clear any clog, no matter how stubborn it may be. ARC Plumbing are your Raleigh plumbers for clogs of any severity.
A Broken Main Water Line
A broken main water line is a serious problem that needs to be fixed immediately. If you suspect your main water line is broken, it is imperative that you shut off the water to your home. Then, call a 24-hour plumber like ARC Plumbing. We’ll be able to quickly assess the situation and make the necessary repairs. A broken main water line can cause flooding and extensive water damage, so it’s important to have it fixed as soon as possible by the professional Raleigh plumbers at ARC Plumbing.
A Broken Hot Water Heater
If your hot water heater is broken, the first thing you should do is turn off the power to it, then call your Raleigh plumbers at ARC Plumbing. We’ll be able to quickly assess the situation and make the necessary repairs. We can quickly replace or repair your hot water heater so that you can take a hot shower again. We can also install a new tankless water heater. Read our blog post about tankless water heaters here.
Leaking Gas Line
If you smell gas, it’s important to evacuate the area immediately and then call your gas company. Once the gas company has shut off the gas, then you can call a 24-hour plumber like ARC Plumbing to assess the situation and make the necessary repairs. A leaking gas line can be dangerous and cause an explosion, so it’s important to have it fixed as soon as possible.
In the case of a plumbing issue, here are some useful items you should have on hand.
There are a few things you can keep on hand for any plumbing issue, but professional assistance is required in some situations. In the event of a plumbing problem, these items might assist:
- An adjustable wrench
- Drain snake
How to Prevent Plumbing Emergencies
There are a few things you can do to prevent plumbing emergencies.
- One of the best ways to prevent a plumbing issue is to have your home inspected by a professional plumber at least once a year. This way, any potential problems can be fixed before they cause major damage.
- You should make sure you know where your main water shutoff valve is and how to turn it off. This will come in handy if you ever have a burst pipe.
- If you have a clogged drain, don’t use chemical drain cleaners. These can damage your pipes and make the problem worse. Instead, try using a plunger or a drain snake.
- Be careful what you put down your garbage disposal. Avoid putting hard, greasy, or stringy items down the disposal. These can cause it to get jammed or break.
- If you have a septic tank, make sure you have it pumped at least every three years. This will prevent any sewage backups.
By following these tips, you can help prevent plumbing emergencies. But sometimes, even if you take all the necessary precautions, accidents can happen. If you do find yourself in a plumbing emergency, don’t panic. Just call ARC Plumbing. We’re available 24/7 to help you with any plumbing problem, big or small.