Are your Apex home toilets leaking, outdated, or otherwise need replacement? Let Arc handle your Apex toilet replacement needs.
Common replacement causes to determine if it’s time for you to invest in a new fixture:
1. Leaks: Leaks from either the toilet’s tank or its bowl can go undetected for long periods of time, causing water damage to the flooring or subfloor. If allowed to continue, the entire floor may need to be replaced. Leaks can also cause damage to rooms below if the bathroom is upstairs.
Especially when dealing with older toilets, it may be more cost-effective to replace a toilet than find and repair leaks. Leaks not only cause damage but also consume water, which may increase your utility bill.
2. Poor water-use efficiency: If you have an older toilet, just flushing it on regular basis may have a negative impact on your utility bill. Toilets manufactured before 1980 can use up to 7 gallons of water with each flush.
Under federal guidelines enacted in the 1990s, modern toilets are required to use no more than 1.6 gallons per flush. To determining your toilet’s age, lift the lid and look for the date stamp.
3. Appearance: Your toilet may not match your current color scheme or even have any resemblance to your sense of style or home decor. Toilets with colors like avocado green and coral pink toilets were once in vogue, but today may make your home’s bathroom appear hopelessly outdated.
Modern toilets can come in a variety of colors besides the common color themes such as bone, biscuit or white, but keep in mind that designer color toilets can cost significantly more than neutral color selections.
4. Comfort: When shopping for a new toilet, don’t forget comfort. Make sure the toilet seat isn’t too small or narrow and that the seat height isn’t too high or low. If you’re investing in a new toilet, find one that fits you and your family comfortably.
5. Broken or uncommon components: If your current toilet has a broken components such as flush handle or the interior mechanisms, weigh the cost of replacing these items versus the cost of a new unit.
6. Replacing the flooring: If you plan to replace your bathroom’s flooring during a remodel, consider replacing the toilet. In many cases, the existing unit will have to be temporarily uninstalled to make way for the new flooring, so it may be an ideal time to upgrade to a new unit.
Arc Plumbing offers toilet replacement solutions for your Apex home.
We are a full service plumbing and toilet replacement company serving the Apex and Wake County areas of North Carolina. We service homes and businesses with high quality craftsmanship, affordable prices and excellent customer service. Let Arc handle your Apex toilet replacement needs.
We provide residential and commercial faucets replacement, as well as many other plumbing services:
- Residential Remodels
- Tankless Water Heaters
- Residential and commercial drain clearing
- Commercial Facility Maintenance
- Commercial Building Water Heaters